Friday, May 16, 2008

The Green Giants

If you are easily offended, do not read this post!

Target, Wal-Mart, Pottery Barn, Nordstrom and everyone’s mother sells earth friendly products?

I must admit I am no green angel and I too love so many of these stores and the cool things they sell. But man oh man did it just tick me off when I found out they were selling earth friendly products!

These companies are the epitome of OVERCONSUMPTION! In the midst of all of their waste, greed and marketing power, they decided to jump on the eco-friendly bandwagon? Excuse me if I’m a little skeptical!

Here’s how I think it all went down… Somewhere during a brainstorming session a smart ass marketing guy/girl pitched the green idea…

“Well green is hot!”, “Di-Caprio and Cameron are doin it!”, “Green is the trend!”, “Green is good!”, “I think if we mix it in with all of our child labor, pesticide ridden, wastefully packaged products we can make some money off it, you know?”

What the *$#@???!!!!!!!!!!

And then when my anger dissipated… I decided that if these giants can help spread the word, sell one more organic product, save one more child from unfair labor practices, and make our planet just a little greener, so be it! I do however secretly hope that one day when earth friendly is a way of life, the little guy who started off green, is always green and will always be green, wins and puts the wasteful
@#$%@%$* out of business!

Peace,

H-Bomb

No comments: